Thursday, March 21, 2013

Long Lost Uncle Fred's Birth Certificate FOUND!

Yesterday was a very productive day, research-wise. And the best part of it was when I went to Brockton City Hall. I had at least figured out a birth year for Fred (1946) and so I thought I'd go to Brockton City Hall to see if I could maybe find his birth certificate. I didn't have my hopes up because I wasn't quite sure if Fred was even born in Brockton. Plus, I wasn't sure if the clerk would even look since I didn't have a specific date. But lo and behold, she did look and he was born there!

So for $20, I now have a certified copy of my long, lost uncle Fred's birth certificate. And I now know that his birth name was Frederick Chester McRae and that he was born on Oct. 2, 1946 in Brockton, Massachusetts.



Copyright © 2012, David J. McRae

No comments:

Post a Comment