Friday, July 15, 2011

Funeral Card Friday - Funeral of James R. McRae

The funeral of James R. McRae was held on Monday, March 7, 1910 at 1:30 p.m. at his home on Court Avenue in Brockton, Massachusetts. James, my great-great grandfather, died on March 5, 1910 at his home. Interment took place at Union Cemetery in Brockton. 

The Brockton Times, Tuesday, March 8, 1910 - Page 3


  1. Welcome to the Geneabloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

    May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

    Dr. Bill ;-)
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories" and family sagas
    and "Back to the Homeplace" and "The Homeplace Revisited"

  2. Interesting in that the obituary describes the flowers as well as the givers. I do not think I have read one like that.
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

  3. Greetings and welcome to! I agree with TCasteel, I don't recall ever reading an obituary where the flowers and those who gave them mentioned like the one you've shared. This is interesting indeed; again, welcome!

  4. I just found several family members buried in the same Union Cemetery in Brockton. Small world!