Friday, January 6, 2012

Funeral Card Friday - Miss Mary A. McCormack

On Wednesday, November 12, 1958, Miss Mary McCormack, my great-grandfather's half-sister, passed away at home in Brockton. She was 79. Her funeral was held the following Saturday from the funeral home located at 9 Chester Ave, Brockton. Interment was in Calvary Cemetery, Brockton.

Born in Bridgewater, Mass, she was the daughter of Irish immigrants John McCormack and Bridget T./Theresa Kane. Mary never married but she adopted two children, George Armstrong and Margaret McCormack (the latter who she adopted with her brother, Fred McRae). 

Mary was a retired stitcher. She also made candy and bread as well. She was formerly employed by the Diamond Shoe Co. 

For most of her life, Mary resided at 20 Montauk Road, Brockton. She took in many people over the years, relatives as well as non-relatives. 

Saturday, November 15, 1958 , Brockton Daily Enterprise - Page 2

3 comments:

  1. My mother's grandmother was Helen Ewing a daughter of William Ewing and Catherine McRae. I think your ancestor was Catherine's brother James McRae.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James R. McRae was the son of James McRae and Maria Horne. He was born in Canada. I heard he might have had a sister named Catherine.

      If you could e-mail me at David.Larsson@mail.com, I'd love to discuss this possible relationship more with you.

      Delete
  2. I tried sending you an email. I am convinced that my Catherine was your James' sister.

    ReplyDelete