Monday, January 9, 2012

Military/Mystery Monday - Who is George Daisy?

When my great grandmother, Edna Meagher, passed away in 1989, one of her daughters took many of the photos she had and put them in an album. The daughter, knowing my interest and love for genealogy, has let me look at the album. As I was going through it, I came across a photo of a man in uniform. The back of the photo had "George Daisy, Fort Williams, Maine" written on it along with a scribble of writing in the corner that I can't make out too well.  I asked who George Daisy was but she didn't have a clue. I haven't come across a George Daisy (or the surname Daisy in general) in my research. And who knows? He might have just been a friend of the family. But it still would be nice to know that for sure.



3 comments:

  1. George Daisy was born in 1912 and is on the 1930 census for Fort Williams ME. He was born in Massachusettes. I think his father might have been Felix which means he was from North Brookfield MA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My great-grandmother's parents were from North Brookfield. This very interesting. Thanks for the info.

      Delete