Monday, January 2, 2012

Mystery Monday - Are These Two Photos of The Same Woman?

One day, I was at my grandfather's house looking through some old photo albums that belonged to my great-grandmother, Lucile Anderson. In one of the albums, I came across a picture (bottom) and I noticed the similarities the woman in that photo had to my great-great-great grandmother, Erzelia Baker Garfield (top). The similarities that really stuck out to me were the hair and eyes. 

So I got to thinking, could it be her? Aside from similarities, I have no way of proving it. There was no caption underneath the photo. And I realized the photo had to be pretty old because it itself was printed out on some sort of hard material. If I had to guess, I would say that the photo on the right was taken during the final years of Erzelia's life (she died in 1887 at the age of 49).

I know the photo is a little fuzzy but the photo was glued to the actual page and I didn't want to rip it out so I took a picture of it with my iTouch (I didn't have a flatbed scanner nearby and even if I did, I would still be hesitant to use it on something so old).

If I could get some second opinions on this, it would be greatly appreciated.





1 comment:

  1. Hi David,

    I don't think it is same woman...but quite possible upper photo could be daughter to older one...bottom picture seems to have different bone structure and chin is longer...

    ReplyDelete