Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Obituary & Death Notice of Wilfred "Junnie" DeRoche

A few weeks ago, I was Google searching various names in my family tree just to see what came up as results. In the past, I have had some luck with some names and not so much with others. The former was the case with Wilfred DeRoche. It was actually his mother, Mary (Meagher) DeRoche, that I googled and the obituary for Wilfred, Mary's son, came up as a result on newspaperarchive.com.

Wilfred's obituary is one that I have long been searching for. Prior to finding it, I only knew a few details about Wilfred. He was the son of Fred DeRoche and Mary E. C. Meagher. His nickname was Junnie. He was married and had kids. And his death was a result of suicide.

Having his obituary, I now know when and where he died, where he was born, and where he is buried, among other things.

Wilfred J. "Junnie" DeRoche is my 1st cousin 2x removed.

Friday, November 7, 1975Lowell Sun - Page 25

Friday, November 7, 1975Lowell Sun - Page 25


Copyright © 2013, David J. McRae

1 comment:

  1. The first thing that pops into my mind is that Raytheon Corporation is now located in Tewkksbury, Massachusetts. Your cousin Wilfred must have commuted to Waltham in those days. You can see the giant Raytheon plant right from Rt. 93.

    ReplyDelete