Monday, February 6, 2012

Mystery Monday - Where Is Stanley Cockayne?

My father and aunt have always told me that my great-grandfather, Stanley Cockayne, is buried in the same cemetery as Lizzie Borden, which would be Oak Grove Cemetery in Fall River, Massachusetts. When I called there asking for information regarding Stanley, they told me that they had no record of Stanley Cockayne being buried there. However, they did have records for two other Cockaynes (Agnes Ethel, his wife and their infant son) being buried there. They told me that Agnes is buried alone and that the infant son is an a family grave with relatives from Agnes' side.

For kicks, I tried calling a few other Oak Grove Cemeteries in the Massachusetts-Rhode Island area just to see if he might happen to be at one of the other ones instead. He wasn't.

I also tried calling Oak Grove Cemetery in Fall River again just in case they might have missed something the first time. They didn't.

So as of now, until I acquire Stanley's death certificate (which is a whole other project in of itself), Stanley's whereabouts are a mystery. It is entirely possible that he is indeed buried in Fall River and they simply have no record. Or there's the other possibility that he is buried with his first or third wife, in which case I'll have to keep researching because I haven't a clue where they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment